The Shrinkology Solution
Discover your eating type, lose weight and keep it off –
Dr. Meg Arroll and Louise Atkinson
- Emotional eating is the next big thing in the US diet industry and this is the first mass-market book in the UK
- Published in time for the summer diet rush, with endorsements from Dr Michael Moseley and Dr Xand van Tulleken
- A real unicorn of a diet book: one with principles and lasting values that offers a genuinely sustainable solution to an increasingly large problem across the world.
- The authors have impeccable qualifications: a qualified psychologist and the Daily Mail diet correspondent, who has over 30 years’ experience in writing about diets
Psychologist Dr Meg Arroll and diet journalist Louise Atkinson present the Shrinkology Solution: the answer to permanent and lasting weightloss, through a deeper understanding of how, rather than what we eat.
About The Book
‘So many diet books focus solely on the food and not nearly enough on the psychology of why we eat what we do and how to use simple hacks to overcome temptation. This is where The Shrinkology Solution comes in – a strong and original idea from two very smart and knowledgeable authors.’
– Dr Michael Mosley, author of The Clever Guts Diet
‘This book has a wealth of weight-loss wisdom, based on huge experience and common sense. A revelation!’
– Dr Xand Van Tulleken, author of How to Lose Weight Well
In a world where we are tempted by food on every street corner, on every billboard and all over our social media, is it any wonder so many of us struggle with weight loss and sticking to diets? What if we started thinking about the psychology of dieting and eating, rather than just the food on our plates?
The Shrinkology premise is super-simple: in order to achieve lasting weight loss, you need to start addressing your emotional issues with food, rather than simply going after every fad diet. Offering an in-depth psychological quiz which will reveal which type of eater you are, and tailored life and food hacks for each type, this is the last diet book you will ever need.
About the Authors:
Dr Meg Arroll (PhD, FHEA, CPsychol, CSci, AFBPsS) is a psychologist and health researcher who specialises in stress and anxiety, invisible/misunderstood illness and integrative approaches to healthcare. She is a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society, an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, a Chartered Scientist with the Science Council, a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a member of the Royal Society of Medicine. Louise Atkinson is a freelance journalist/writer/editor with a strong specialism in diet, nutrition, exercise and health. She has spent the last thirty years writing for national newspapers and glossy magazines. She has planned, co-ordinated and written the Daily Mail’s massive circulation-boosting diet series which often results in the books racing into the bestseller lists.